Senior Medical Scientific Liaison, Internal Medicine - Pfizer
This is a senior medical affairs role within Pfizer Finland, where the selected candidate will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to patient experiences and outcomes in major cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. The role is customer-facing with more than half of the time being spent in virtual or in-person customer interactions and utilizing digital channels.
The Sr MSL will develop and implement medical strategies, drive innovative evidence generation, articulate clinical and economic value and deliver medical and scientific communication. The Sr MSL will build enduring peer-to-peer relationships with healthcare professionals and institutions, creating constructive, cross-functional partnerships. The Sr MSL will work in close cooperation with Pfizer’s medical and cross-functional Internal Medicine teams in Finland and globally. The Sr MSL will report to Country Medical Director.
Required skills and experiences:
- PhD in medicine, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical or similar field
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Team player
- Ability to deliver peer-to-peer communications with KOLs and interactions with various public health stakeholders
- Strategic acumen
- Sense of responsibility and accountability
- Quality orientation
- Ability to travel frequently both domestic, in Europe and globally
- MS Office365 user skills
- Fluency in both Finnish and English, spoken and written is essential.
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience within medical affairs
- Experience in cardiovascular therapy area
- Knowledge of health economics, pharmacovigilance and regulatory affairs
- Demonstrated ability to systematic work in creation and execution of medical plans
- Experience of RWE/RWD generation in health care
- Knowledge of clinical research and interpretation of scientific publications
- Demonstrated ability to create and articulate medical strategies
- Demonstrated ability to function across diverse cultures and geographies
- Knowledge of the relevant and applicable Codes of Practice and regulations (SOPs and guidelines will be trained internally)